With the writers strike going full force, the 'powers-that-be' have decided that instead of a show, they will hold a mere press conference instead. You can go to The Golden Globes official website to see who the nominees are (and probably the winners in a few hours too).
After checking the website earlier (and hopping around like a mad rabbit at the candidates), I am gonna pick the ones who I think will win!
For the movies:
Easten Promises
American Gangster
Michael Clayton
Atonement
No Country for old men
Musical/Comedy: (why do they have these two together? Aren't they totally different?)
Across the Universe
Hairspray
Sweeney Todd
Animated Film:
Bee Movie
The Simpson Movie (HOMER!)
Actor in a leading role (Drama):
George Clooney - Michael Clayton
James McAvoy - Atonement
Viggo Mortensen - Eastern Promises
Denzel Washington - American Gangster (I hope he wins, he's a bloody excellent actor!)
Actor in a musical/comedy:
Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd (I think it'll go to Johnny)
John C. Reilly - Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Actress (Drama):
Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Keira Knightly - Atonement
Actresses in a musical/comedy:
Helena Bonham Carter - Sweeney Todd
Amy Adams - Enchanted
Nikki Blonsky - Hairspray
Actor - Supporting Role:
Casey Affleck - The Assassination of Jesse James by blah blah blah (is this even in theaters yet?)
Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
John Travolta - Hairspray
Tom Wilkinson - Michael Clayton
Actress - Supporting Role:
Saoirse Ronan - Atonement
Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton
Director:
Tim Burton - Sweeney Todd
Ethan Cole and Joel Cole - No Country for Old Men
Ridley Scott - American Gangster
Joe Wright - Atonement
(I think it'll be a toss between NCOM and AG)
Screenplay: (I think I need to have read the scripts to choose one)
Original Score & Song: (Skipping songs as well)
Foreign Film: (I haven't seen these films but I'm gonna guess Kite Runner from the USA)
Now then, for the real awards!
TV series - Drama:
Big Love (I have been watching this series for about 2-3 years now, and I love it! It is on of the greatest shows ever!)
TV series - Musical or Comedy:
Pushing Daisies (This show is a so quirky and unique! It's almost like Monty Python meets Fawlty Towers meets Carnivale)
TV Mini-Series:
The State Within (It has Jason Isaacs in it. Do I need to say anything else?)
TV Actor Leading role - Drama:
Michael C. Hall - Dexter
Bill Paxton - Big Love
(The Tudors was also nominated, but I don't like the actor who plays the King. They should have had Kevin McKidd play King Henry VIII. He would have been excellent for the role! Age, hair style, acting chops, ect...)
TV Actor Leading role - Muscial or Comedy:
Lee Pace - Pushing Daisies (Any person who can say all those lines and keeps a straight face should win)
TV Actor Leading Role - Mini or Television series:
Jason Isaacs - The State Within (Can you say yum?)
James Nesbitt - Jekyll (Anybody who hasn't seen this should. This show, oh god, this show is hysterical! I LOVE THIS SERIES! The man plays 2 roles at the same time! And the roles are so different, its hard to believe its the same guy!)
TV Actress Leading Role - Drama (probably Soprano's(again) so I'll leave this alone)
TV Actress Leading Role - Musical or Comedy:
American Ferrera - Ugly Betty
Anna Friel - Pushing Dasies
And there is 3 other categories, but I haven't seen or watched those shows/series.
I have a few complaints with the choices and lack of choices, why weren't the following series /movies given a chance?
Brotherhood (Makes Soprano's look boring and tired)
Rome
Hotel Babylon
Transformers (GIANT ROBOTS! It should get an award for CGI effects at least!)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (the final battle kicked ass!)
Star Dust (A fairytale for adults!)
His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass
Lastly, why is there no place for horror movies? Or science fiction movies? But then we wouldn't have the Spike Awards and Harrison Ford wouldn't have gotten that Life Time Achievement award.
Discuss.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
The Golden Globe awards (and who should win!)
Labels:
Actor,
Actress,
Big Love,
Golden Globes,
Mini-Series,
Pushing Daisies,
Series,
Transformers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment